GATE EXAM QUALIFIED JOBS
Are you a GATE Qualified? Have you ever wanted to get a government aided job? Are you looking for a highly paid job in Public Sector Undertaking (PSU)? Do you wish to have a secure life ahead? Then you have landed to the right platform. Here we’ll discover all the possible job opportunities through the GATE Exam 2018.
Many public sector undertakings and government agencies provide jobs directly on the basis of the GATE Score. PSUs like ONGC, BHEL, BEL, IOCL, HPCL, CONCOR, etc. have announced Recruitment through the GATE Score.
Public Sector Undertakings can be classified into 3 categories based on the parameters such as Indian Stock Exchange, Global Presence, Annual Revenue, and operations:
- Maharatna PSU
- Navaratna PSU
- Miniratna PSU
Let’s take a look at the eligibility criteria, application process, posts, and recruitment in the PSUs through GATE:
Eligibility Criteria for PSU through GATE?
Candidates looking for jobs in PSUs through GATE are required to appear for the Gate Entrance exam in their respective branch. Only those who are able to possess valid GATE 2018 Results will be eligible to apply for the recruitment process. Each Public Sector Undertaking has it’s cut off list declared after the GATE Exam. So, you may check it once the result has been declared, and apply for your desired post.
How to apply for PSU recruitment?
Public Sector Undertakings release their application form from time to time during a year. One needs to keep herself/himself updated in order to avail the opportunity. The application form requires the filling of the Gate Registration number and Score Card. Before applying for a certain PSU, please make it a habit of checking your eligibility for the post. In case you fail to remain eligible, your application will straight away be discarded.
Which Public Sector Undertakings recruit through the GATE Score?
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL)
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
- West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL)
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID)
- Rail India Technical and Economic Service (RITES)
- Central Electronics Limited (CEL)
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited ( IOCL )
- Neyveli Lignite Corporation India Limited (NLCIL)
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC)
- Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- Bharat Earth Movers Limited
- Bharat Broadband Network Limited (BBNL)
- OIL India
- Cabinet Secretariat, Govt. of India
- Haryana Power Utilities
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC)
- National Highways Authority of India (NHAI)
- Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL)
- Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO)
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)
- National Fertilizers Limited (NFL)
Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited (MECL)
- Indian Railway Construction Company Limited (IRCON)
- Container Corporation of India Limited (CONCOR)
- Institute for Plasma Research (IPR)
- Punjab State Transmission Corporation Limited (PSTCL)
- National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited (NBCC Ltd.)
- National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC)
- Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Ltd (MRVC Ltd)
- National Textile Corporation
- Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), Bengaluru
- National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO)
- Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS
- Air India Engineering Services Limited (AIESL)
- Delhi Transco Limited
- Armament Research & Development Establishment (ARDE), Pune
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC)
- Mishra Dhatu Nigam Limited (MIDHANI)
- Naval Science & Technological Laboratory (NSTL)
- Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL)
Which Posts are available under recruitment through GATE?
- Executive Trainee
- Deputy Manager Technical
- Management Trainees
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
- Senior Engineer
- Graduate Engineer Trainees (GET)
- Project Assistant
- Contract Engineer
- Technical Supervisor
- Lab Technician
- Junior Telecom Officer (JTO)
- Assistant Engineer
- Deputy Manager
- Senior Research Officer
- Senior Field Officer
- Accounts Officer
What are the other options available through GATE other than PSUs?
GATE 2018 brings with it many job opportunities other than PSU. Here’s the required list:
- You can pursue a career in teaching, either in coaching or research institutes.
- If your GATE Score is low, you may work as an assistant to a professor for an year or two. This way you may get a useful recommendation necessary for pursuing higher studies abroad.
- Few State Industries and private companies also recruit on the basis of GATE Score.
- You may wish to go for higher education (M.tech, PhD, MS, Research) in IITs, NITs, IIMs, IISC or other research institutes.
- Other options could be pursuing JRF/ SRF, and availing other scholarships, or admission in foreign universities.